Data Engineering Manager
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
Location-any major FoE office (Belfast, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, London, Manchester)
The Data Engineering Manager will run our newly formed Data Engineering Team, holding responsibility for all technical data issues and for regulatory compliance as our Data Protection Officer. You will be responsible for our data and reporting platforms, and for the flows of data between our systems, working closely with key data users. Comfortable under pressure and able to carefully prioritise to manage excellent delivery, you will be an experienced, enthusiastic professional able to oversee the development of data from both a technical and governance perspective.
You are someone who is enthusiastic about:
- Ensuring that data plays a pivotal role within a dynamic campaigning organisation
- The need to respect and cherish our Supporters’ Data, including through excellent compliance within GDPR
- The continuous technical improvement of our CRM, integration and data warehouse platform, utilising SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI, and various other cloud services in Azure
- Working in an environment that values modern technologies, data and software development techniques, including cloud computing, PowerBI, automated release processes, Test Driven Development, source control and continuous improvement
- Enjoying a colourful and creative office with a great mix of people and campaigning
- Organisational Data Protection Officer
- Oversee and promote the effective use of supporter data
- To lead the development and delivery of our data strategy, using a modern software development and cloud-based approach
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of data protection legislation and best practice, with experience of effective data governance processes
- Experience of implementing new direct marketing, CRM or campaigning capability and developing supporting processes
- Experience in leading a development team, using modern software development practices, including continuous integration
- Experience in developing data systems and processes on Microsoft data platforms, using web services, SQL databases and SSIS or related ETL technologies loading into a data warehouse, presented using SSAS
About the Team:
Our newly formed Data Engineering Team comprises two data software developers, a data administrator and yourself as the manager. The team holds responsibility for our CRM, and the flows of data between our systems and third parties, including ensuring that data is ready for use in reports produced by our Supporter Insight and other teams. We’ve heavily invested in data in recent years, and the team is a new alignment of responsibilities to enable us to build on this strength.
For more information, please download the Job description.
In return we offer a competitive range of benefits, a good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and a vibrant and friendly organisational culture.
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunities employer and we are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented in the environment movement.