Front End Developer
We are currently recruiting for a talented Front End Developer to join our Digital Production and Delivery team on 12 month fixed term contract.
As Front End Developer will be responsible for using the latest technologies to develop, support, maintain and improve web-based applications, solutions and presence at Friends of the Earth.
- Develop user-facing digital solutions
- Manage the lifetime value of digital applications
- Work closely with user experience and interface designers
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Support digital channel owners
- Maximise the investment in digital properties
- Contribute to analysis across our digital channels
- Support the testing programme
- Strong PHP skills, working with a templating engine such as Twig
- Familiar with site building and theming within Drupal (7 and 8)
- Familiar with the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Comfortable using git for version control
- Working knowledge of common Linux command line tools
- Experience of applying quantitative and qualitative digital analytics to inform the creation and management of digital assets
- Experience of working with Google products, including Analytics, Tag Manager, and Optimize (or equivalent solutions)
In return we offer a competitive range of benefits, good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and a vibrant organisational culture.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented in the environment movement.
Friends of the Earth is an international community dedicated to protecting the natural world and the wellbeing of everyone in it. We lead campaigns, provide resources and information, and drive real solutions to the environmental problems facing us all.