This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which is dedicated to protecting the natural world and the wellbeing of everyone in it? As Scrum Coach you will train, advise, coach and support teams in understanding and applying Agile Scrum mindsets, values and principles.
As Scrum Coach you will support our digital delivery and data engineering teams, coaching fellow team members and team leaders in agile ways of working and empowering them to achieve team objectives. You will facilitate a wide range of meetings, including core Scrum ceremonies and daily stand-ups, while motivating and monitoring team activity.
Key Skills and Attributes:
We’re looking for a self-motivated team player with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of agile work practices and methodologies. You will have the ability to deliver team training and operate effectively in a complex environment while managing stakeholders. In addition, you will have:
- An understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery, the value of metrics, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Knowledge of Agile approaches e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean
- The ability to adapt the assumptions of Agile methodologies to an organisation's conditions effectively
- The ability to use creative techniques to search for solutions to problems.
- Train, coach and support multi-disciplinary team leaders to ensure they provide clarity, focus on value and prioritise and refine work items ready for the next sprint
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to help them visualise and manage work in progress, helping them to understand, adopt and adapt an appropriate combination of Agile practices.
The digital delivery and data engineering teams play an essential role in powering Friends of the Earth’s campaigning efforts. The digital team are responsible for developing new campaigning and fundraising products, maintaining our web platforms, and running a program of continuous improvement while the data engineering team is responsible for developing and maintaining our data systems and are currently spearheading a major initiative to implement a new organisational CRM.
Closing Date: 25th November 2021
We offer a competitive range of benefits, good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and a vibrant organisational culture.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented in the environment movement.
Friends of the Earth is an international community dedicated to protecting the natural world and the wellbeing of everyone in it. We lead campaigns, provide resources and information, and drive real solutions to the environmental problems facing us all. For more information please visit Friends of the Earth Website.