Network Support Assistant
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Network Support Assistant to join our friendly Campaign Activism team at Friends of the Earth on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. You’ll be a Network Support Assistant with excellent communication and problem solving skills, and play a key role by supporting our network of local activist groups across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
As Network Support Assistant, you’ll engage first-hand with grassroots groups, provide guidance to help them campaign on local environmental and social justice issues and take part in Friends of the Earth’s priority campaigns. You’ll work with colleagues across Friends of the Earth to help set up new activist groups, help manage the network database, assist groups with grant funding applications, and ensure groups have the resources they need to campaign effectively.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Act as a first point of contact for groups beyond their local contact and in the national context, responding to queries in good time, following up on requests/feedback, and logging communication
- Assist groups and regional staff in using digital tools, including Zoom and Action Network
- Support the delivery of the network communication plan, drafting emails and updating webcopy as required
- Triage requests for support from groups internally, bringing in relevant teams where necessary (such as Political, Planning and Legal support, thematic campaign teams etc)
- Contribute to the administration of the online training events package
- Support the development of resources, including liaising with the in-house creative team to design customized materials for groups
- Contribute to improving the overall network support and governance frameworks, including creating and updating internal guidance and processes
- Upkeep of the network’s database, registering new groups, updating key contact information and recording group activity
- Administer the network funds, processing applications and monitoring awarded grants
- Source best practice and success stories from across the networks for internal and external communication
The Campaign Activism Team aims to grow, deepen and diversify our network of environmental justice activists, building and leveraging local people power to win campaigns and achieve real world change.
We do this by helping to build and deliver people-powered campaign strategies; providing activist training, resources, digital tools and leadership support. We also facilitate cross-network dialogue and communication flows, support UK-wide moments of united action and facilitate local to global join up with our international network.
We also work across the broader movement to build strong alliances and stay at the forefront of mobilising and organising techniques.
Closing date: Friday 1 July 2022
We offer a competitive range of benefits, good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and a vibrant organisational culture.
Our staff body is currently under-representative of People of Colour, LGBTQIA+ people and people with long term conditions or impairments: We are committed to eroding these historic barriers, so as to create a movement in which people from all walks of life see themselves in, and so we particularly encourage you to apply if you belong to one of these groups or sit at multiple intersections of disadvantage. We are committed to the Disability Confident standard and will guarantee an interview to any candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role.
Friends of the Earth is an international community dedicated to protecting the natural world and the wellbeing of everyone in it. We lead campaigns, provide resources and information, and drive real solutions to the environmental problems facing us all.